Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Getting Settled In

Hello All!! Well today is the first day of school for the boys. It's certainly been an adjustment from Michigan to Redding!! The boys have to walk to school here because they live within 2 miles of the school (which is good), so I take them in the morning (Michael starts a whole hour later than Max, weird!) and in the afternoon, this week I'll walk to go get the and we'll walk home together. Starting next week they'll be on their own. I hope they have an awesome day!!!

I start school next week (the 9th) and Max's birthday is the 12th. He made a new friend at Bethel in his class and he will be coming to his birthday party, which is cool.

It's been a challenge balancing life from two locations, trying to settle in and manage places, issues, finances. Of course, like anyone, I've had my moments of questioning it all; but the Lord is faithful and good. He has made a way time and time again, and I know he is the God of possibilities. I honestly do not know how I made it across the country and got into a place with my limited resources. It was all his grace. I am facing new challenges now that I'm in a place and about to being school. I know that his grace is sufficient for me and I eagerly anticipate his abundance and goodness over me every day. Your continued prayers and support are essential to my success.

Although my fundraising campaign on Indiegogo has expired, I am still raising funds. Half my tuition is due next week on the 9th ($2,000), and I still have utility deposits/costs to catch up on.

For those local to Traverse City who wish to donate cash or check, Brigitte Anne has my bank account info and has been making deposits on my behalf. If you need her number, call, email or text me. If you'd prefer to mail me a check, my new address is 1982 Bechelli Lane Redding, CA 96002. Just keep in mind I don't yet have a local bank account and will have to mail the check back to my bank in Michigan.

For those wishing to donate using a debit or credit card, you can do so directly at my school website: https://www2.ibssm.org/ >> at the bottom choose: Give to Tuition >> type in my name, select me and then enter your card info. This is the quickest and easiest method for me. No amount is too small.

I am eternally grateful to all who have sown into my calling either through finances or prayers or both. I know that I am following his voice and I need your prayers to continue to strengthen me. The boys are so resilient, they are adapting well. We miss our family, friends and church home back in TC and all across the U.S., but I know I'm where I'm called to be for a season. I love you all and thank you for following my journey and keeping up on what's going on with us. Please continue to pray for us as well as for Pippa's family who has also relocated - to Houston, Texas - and are going through transition as well. Lots of Love XXOO. Jen & the boys

Here's some pics of the new place: still getting settled in.





1 comment:

  1. Hello Beautiful: Thinking of you and thankful for the update here on you and the boys. I am now in Traverse City for the week working with my client until their flight leaves next Tuesday. I'm sad that I am here and not able to see you but understand how life goes. I know you are following your path and I support you TOTALLY! Keep us in the loop and I'll continue prayers for you and the boys and keep strong girlfriend! YOU'VE GOT THIS AND GOD'S GOT YOU! xoxox

    ReplyDelete